We have 65 employees working in research, policy, fundraising, communications, human resources, finance, operations and administration teams across the UK.
Of course we want to attract the best people to help us to find the cure for type 1 diabetes. If you’re successful in applying we’ll encourage you to suggest and implement new ideas, design a career path that’s right for you and give you the training you need to do your job and develop your skills.
Benefits and rewards
We reward our staff for their hard work, passion and commitment, offering some great benefits including:
- A flexible working policy, giving you the opportunity to work from home
- Flex-time to give you more flexibility in your working day. Whether you want to leave early to take an evening course, take your children to school, fit in exercise before work or simply have more time for hobbies, our core hours of 10am to 4pm will give you the flexibility you need
- Personalised training to suit your career aspirations and professional development
- Annual leave of 25 days per year plus bank holidays for full-time staff with leave increasing after three and five years’ service
- Childcare vouchers
- A pension scheme
- A healthcare assistance programme that allows you to claim for dental, optical and physiotherapy treatment
- Family-friendly policies – maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave at enhanced rates
- Season ticket loans
- On-site parking at some of our offices
What’s it like to work at JDRF?
Our organisational culture is professional, warm and supportive with a real sense of community as we interact with staff in other offices and regions daily. Our 2017 staff survey saw over 90% of staff say that they agreed that they felt satisfied in their jobs. Key aspects of our culture that our people particularly appreciate are:
- A friendly culture
- Our flexi-time system and commitment to a good work-life balance
- Opportunities to attend international conferences
- Our head office location in Angel, Islington – close to transport links, shops and restaurants
- Opportunities to volunteer to gain new skills and experiences
- Friday socials
- Our healthcare programme and season ticket loan
- Celebrity supporters
If you’d like to join us creating a world without type 1 diabetes, view our current vacancies and apply today or follow us on LinkedIn to hear about our latest jobs first.