There are currently 400,000 people in the UK with type 1 diabetes, over 29,000 of them are children.
We are committed to eradicating type 1 diabetes and its effects for everyone in the UK with type 1, and at risk of developing it. To work towards a day when there is no more type 1 we:
- fund world-class research approved and administered by our international research programme to cure, treat and prevent type 1 diabetes
- make sure research moves forward and treatments are delivered as fast as possible
- give support and a voice to people with type 1 and their families
Join a global movement to create a world without type 1
Here in the UK, we’re proud to be a part of a global network of independent and coordinated organisations working towards a shared vision of a world without type 1 diabetes.
To do this, our network works internationally to:
- Fund and drive a world class research programme focused on curing, treating and preventing type 1 diabetes, with about £300 million currently committed to research
- Influence research funders and policy makers to accelerate the pace of research
- Ensure that research outcomes reach people with type 1 diabetes
INPUT:JDRF works to improve access to treatments and technologies for people with type 1 diabetes throughout the UK. INPUT merged with JDRF on 1 October 2018.