On World Diabetes Day 2019, we need you, your work colleagues, your children and their school to join the biggest superhero team ever assembled. Across the land, thousands of children and adults will be pulling on their superhero pants, grabbing their cape and reaching for their mask in support of life-changing medical research.
The International theme for World Diabetes Day is once again Family and Diabetes. At JDRF, we know how important it is to have a superhero network of family, friends, colleagues, class mates and healthcare professionals who are all there for support when it’s needed. So in the build up to Thursday 14 November we need your help to mark World Diabetes Day, to raise awareness of the condition and encourage everyone to raise funds.
Ideas for World Diabetes Day 2019
- School: Will you spring into action and gain the support of your child’s school on the day?
- Work: Can you recruit your colleagues to dress up as their favourite Marvel or DC character and get sponsored to do so?
- Family and friends: Assemble your friends for a masked superheroes party
- Clinic: Are you a healthcare professional? Why not promote World Diabetes Day within your clinic and dress up as a superhero for the day?
- Donate: Don’t fancy dressing up? It’s easy to make a donation online to show your support
World Diabetes Day 2019 resources
Our World Diabetes Day 2019 resources to support your events and activities are now available for you to download:
- A superhero poster for your office, school or clinic
- A superhero mask
- World Diabetes Day fundraising guide
Nearer the time you will also be able to download:
- A Facebook background image
- A Facebook filter
Schools letter template
Download a ‘Save the date’ letter for your child’s school by clicking on the image below. It asks schools to get ready to support JDRF on World Diabetes Day by getting excited about the superhero theme.
This World Diabetes Day, JDRF needs you. Will you answer the call?
You may also be interested in
If you or your child has type 1 diabetes, use our DiaDigits calculator and help us tell the world about type 1 diabetesGet your DiaDigits
Flash glucose sensing now on NHS
The Freestyle Libre, which checks blood glucose levels via a sensor on the arm, is now available on the NHS across the UKRead more
Get a free copy of Type 1 Discovery magazine
Get a free trial of JDRF's 24-page magazine with news, views, research updates and type 1 management tipsGet your free copy