This World Diabetes Day, we need you, your work colleagues, your children and their school to join the biggest superhero team ever assembled. Across the land, thousands of children and adults will be pulling on their superhero pants, grabbing their cape and reaching for their mask in support of life-changing medical research.
The theme of World Diabetes Day 2018 is The Family and Diabetes. At JDRF, we know how important it is to have a superhero network of family, friends, colleagues, class mates and healthcare professionals who are all there for support when it’s needed. So in the build up to Wednesday 14 November we need your help to mark World Diabetes Day, to raise awareness of the condition and encourage everyone to raise funds.
Ideas for World Diabetes Day 2018
- School: Will you spring into action and gain the support of your child’s school on the day?
- Work: Can you recruit your colleagues to dress up as their favourite Marvel or DC character and get sponsored to do so?
- Family and friends: Assemble your friends for a masked superheroes party
- Clinic: Are you a healthcare professional? Why not promote World Diabetes Day within your clinic and dress up as a superhero for the day?
World Diabetes Day 2018 resources
Download our World Diabetes Day 2018 resources to support your events and activities:
- A superhero poster for your office, school or clinic
- A superhero mask
- World Diabetes Day fundraising guide
Nearer the time you will be able to download:
- A Facebook background image
- A Facebook filter
Schools letter template
With the new school year already here we need you to click the image below and download a ‘Save the date’ letter for your child’s school. It asks schools to get ready to support JDRF on World Diabetes Day by getting excited about the superhero theme.
This World Diabetes Day, JDRF needs you. Will you answer the call?