Your support means we can fund vital type 1 research. But how does this research work? Have you ever read a dramatic headline about a research breakthrough and wondered about the science behind it? Have you ever wondered why the research process takes a long time? Do you want to learn how to find, read and assess the latest research reports and findings?
We want this research to be accessible so we created the Understanding Science Toolkit. This handy guide will help you get to grips with the research you work so hard to fund.
In the Understanding Science Toolkit you can find out:
- How research gets to the clinical trial stage
- How a clinical trial works
- How to find a research paper
- How to tell if a research paper is reliable
- How to read a research paper
- How to tell if a result is significant