Location: Islington, London EC1V
Salary: £25,825-£30,625 per annum inclusive
Closing date: 9 December 2015 at 23:59pm
Interview date: 17 December 2015
JDRF is the type 1 diabetes charity, improving lives until we find the cure. We fund research to cure, treat and prevent type 1 diabetes. We also provide information for children and adults living with the condition at all stages from diagnosis and beyond. We give a voice to people with type 1 diabetes and campaign for an increased focus on and funding for research to find the cure. Internationally we have funded £1billion of research so far.
We want our employees to be committed and prepared to go the extra mile to assist us in finding the cure for type 1 diabetes. Whatever your role is within here you can be guaranteed that your work will always be rewarding.
As our Research Communication Officer, you will work closely with the Head of Research Communication to:
- make sure that our staff, supporters and the wider public can understand the research we are funding
- develop briefings on new and emerging areas of research
- respond to media reporting of type 1 diabetes research
- answer questions about type 1 diabetes research from our supporters
- help researchers to develop their own communication skills.
Key requirements of the role include:
- Proven track record of translating research information to lay audience
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to produce accurate information
You will have the opportunity to develop and experiment with innovative ideas for helping non-scientists engage with unfamiliar concepts, and demonstrate how laboratory discoveries have relevance to people living with type 1 diabetes today.
In return we offer, a generous annual leave entitlement rising with length of service, Pension scheme, interest free season ticket/bike loan, health cash plan and childcare voucher scheme.
As part of this role you will be expected to undertake a DBS disclosure check.
To apply please complete the form below. You should send an up to date CV and covering letter; your covering letter should clearly demonstrate how you meet the person specification with examples.
JDRF is an equal opportunity employer; we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of race, gender, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation or age.