Join celebrity chef and Saturday Kitchen regular guest, Jason Atherton, for JDRF’s first ever cookalong!
Jason and Irha Atherton say “every minute really does count” when recognising the symptoms of type 1 diabetes, after their daughter, Keziah, was admitted to intensive care and diagnosed with the condition at the age of 13. The family is thrilled to invite you to a special cookalong with Jason and Keziah. They hope that by coming together, we can raise awareness of type 1 to help others in a similar situation.
How to take part in the cookalong
The cookalong is free and easy to join! Take part on your own, with your household or even hold a virtual cookalong party with friends and family while you all cook together.
- Download your carb-counted* ingredients for Ratatouille
- Head to Jason Atherton’s Instagram and follow the cookalong on his Instagram TV (IGTV)
- If you can, please support our life-changing work by making a donation below
Enter Jason and Keziah’s best looking Ratatouille competition
- Post a photo of your Ratatouille on Instagram, tag Jason Atherton (@_jasonatherton) and JDRF (@JDRF_UK) and make an optional donation of £3 using one of the donation options below
- If your dish is judged by Jason and Keziah to be the most delicious looking, Jason will re-post your photo and you will win a signed copy of one of his cookbooks
T&Cs: Deadline for entries is end of Friday 5 June. The winner will be announced on Saturday 6 June via Jason’s Instagram. You must tag Jason’s Instagram in order to be submitted into the competition. Due to the current circumstances, the winner will be sent the book once Jason’s office reopens.
How will I help people with type 1 diabetes?
COVID-19 is hitting our fundraising income. It’s simple: less money will mean less research. We don’t want to slow down our research progress for a second. But if our funding drops then vital research may have to be delayed.
The cookalong is free but, if you can, please make a donation to protect the future of our research and ensure that we can be here to support people with type 1, now and into the future. Thank you.
Simply complete the form at the bottom of this page.
Donate by text
- Text COOK to 70450 to donate £3
- Text COOK10 to 70450 to donate £10
- Text COOK20 to 70450 to donate £20
Texts cost the amount of your donation plus one standard rate message.