The pack includes:
- Rufus, the bear with type 1 diabetes. He has special felt patches on his test and injection sites to practice on
- A handy type 1 reference folder to keep all your diagnosis information and leaflets together and a drawstring bag
- Information leaflets to help you cope with the diagnosis and live with type 1 diabetes
- A pocket guide to give to friends and family (you can order more if you need them)
- Free type 1 story book – Ivy and Iver Meet Rufus is a story book about Rufus and some of his other friends with type 1 diabetes. It’s inspired by children fighting big battles. Written by two mums of children with type 1 diabetes, the book seeks to normalise the condition and helps children, their siblings and peers to understand everyday life with type 1 diabetes through informal education
Rufus the Bear has gone green!
We are proud to announce that our new Rufus bears are eco-friendly. We have been working hard with our supplier to ensure his green credentials:
- Rufus is now made from 100% RPET (recycled) materials*
- Each new Rufus is made from approximately 16 plastic bottles – wow!
- His tag is made from FSC certified card as are the export cartons that the bears are shipped in
- The clear bags that each Rufus is packed into is made from LDPE which is both made from recycled materials & recyclable
* RPET is produced by melting down existing plastic bottles & post-consumer waste and making it into new polyester fibre. This process enables the plastic to be reused (recycled) and uses 59% less energy to produce than virgin polyester.
Would you like to join our Discovery Magazine e-subscription for free? Sign up here to get the new edition emailed to you.