Get you Kit On Terms and Conditions
‘JDRF’ means Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, charity registered in England and Wales (No 295716) and in Scotland (No Sc040123)
‘Entrant’ means the person who is applying to take part in the Event and who is agreeing to these terms and conditions
‘The Event’ means Get your Kit On, the virtual run taking place between 01/04/2019 and 29/04/2019
Age of participants and registration
1. Entrants must by aged 16 and over to register themselves. Under 16s must have consent from a parent/guardian to register and participate in the event.
2. Each Entrant must complete and submit a Registration Form whether participating as an individual or in a team. By submitting a Registration Form, the Entrant agrees to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.
Health and fitness
3. By submitting a Registration Form the Entrant agrees that, as far as they are aware, they are sufficiently fit and physically able to take part in the Event and, to the extent that it may be necessary, they have sought and relied upon any medical advice before the Event. It is each Entrant’s responsibility to assess their fitness and to ensure that they participate only if sufficiently fit. Should any medical or physical condition arise prior to the Event which is likely to affect the Entrant’s ability to take part in the Event, the Entrant should withdraw from the Event.
4. The Entrant understands and has considered and evaluated the nature, scope and extent of the risks involved, and has voluntarily and freely chosen to participate in the Event entirely at his or her own risk.
5. The Entrant acknowledges that participation in the Event involves physical activities and inherent risks and dangers of accidents, personal and bodily injury (including death) and property loss or damage. If you have any medical conditions that could be adversely affected by exercise, or if you are in any doubt about your health, you must get clearance from your doctor before participating.
6. JDRF understands that Entrants who have type 1 diabetes are keen to support JDRF and many are fit enough to take part in our Events. However if the Entrant has any doubt about their health or have a medical condition that could be affected by exercise, must obtain their doctor’s approval before participating in any event.
Safety and insurance
7. JDRF does not provide any insurance, whether life or medical or liability, for any illness, accident, injury, death, loss or damage that may arise in connection to the Event. Entrants shall be responsible for arranging their own suitable and adequate insurance protection to cover their participation in the Event, including without limitation cover:
a. for material loss/damage to any equipment they may use in the Event or personal property (including clothing);
b. any loss or damage they may cause to a third party;
c. sickness; or
d. negligence of any party.
e. any accident or injury caused by an Entrant’s actions shall be the responsibility of that Entrant.
f. All Entrants taking part in the Event must be able to complete a 100m confidently before taking part in this event.
8. Each Entrant is responsible for his/her actions during the Event. JDRF accepts no responsibility for the actions of a Participant nor the consequences of such actions.
By entering into this agreement, Entrants agree that any personal information provided by them or collected about them in connection with the Event may be held and used by JDRF in relation to the Event and its promotion.
JDRF will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that Entrants’ data is treated securely.
Entrants agree to inform JDRF of any changes to the information supplied in their original application as soon as such changes occur.
Acceptance of the Terms and Conditions
9. By registering to participate in the Event, an Entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
10. If any provisions in these Terms and Conditions, whether in full or in part, is held to be invalid or unenforceable, all other remaining provisions (in full or in part) shall continue to be valid and enforceable.
11. These Terms and Conditions and any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with them is governed by and construed in accordance with English law. The English courts have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that may arise out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.