Does your company have a Charity of the Year scheme? If so, ask us how we could create an active and memorable partnership for you and your colleagues. Email [email protected] for more information.
JDRF and BlackRock
We were chosen as BlackRock's Charity of the Year for 2016, with its London office aiming to raise £500,000 over a year, to support families living with type 1 diabetes across the UK.
BlackRock chose to support our outreach work across England, including:
- Funding three new Community Engagement roles across England, to help us reach more families living with type 1 and provide them with support and information
- Creating digital resources to support people with type 1 diabetes, and to promote fundraising and awareness activities across the UK
The partnership exceeded its target and raised £560,000 through an active and varied calendar of events, engaging staff, not only in fundraising events, but also in volunteering and awareness activities. The partnership also gained media coverage throughout the year in City AM, UK Fundraising and Charity Times.
Key highlights of the partnership include:
- A rowathon involved 190 staff in the office
- Staff from the Retail team at BlackRock volunteered at our Type 1 Catalyst event at the House of Parliament
- Sixty five BlackRock staff took part in Ride to Cure Diabetes, our fundraising event that takes places at the Royal Exchange each summer
- Trial by Trivia, a quiz night with staff and BlackRock clients, raised £250,000
- A Frankfurt to Munich bike ride saw 89 staff ride across Germany
- A wine tasting evening was held on World Diabetes Day (14 November)
- An art sale hosted at BlackRock offices
Thank you so much to all the BlackRock staff who ran, cycled, swam, attended events and bid on auction prizes – you all helped to make this partnership a huge success.
“JDRF’s partnerships with BlackRock and the Lord Mayor’s Appeal have made 2016 an exceptional year, where we have been able to provide more support for people with type 1 than ever before. We are so grateful for all the staff at BlackRock for your incredible commitment this year. Your hard work and generosity has raised an amazing £560,000 which is already making a significant difference to families affected by type 1 diabetes across the UK.” Karen Addington, Chief Executive, JDRF