Throughout the year we ask people across the country to host a Type 1 Tea Party at work, home or school to cause a stir and raise money towards finding better treatments and eventually the cure for type 1 diabetes.
Your Type 1 Tea Party can also take place virtually and it really is quite simple to do, if you follow the recipe…
Tips for a virtual Type 1 Tea Party
Your recipe for a successful virtual tea party…
- Set a date and time for your virtual Type 1 Tea Party
- If you connect with family and friends on Facebook, stir up some excitement by setting up a Facebook event and invite your friends, family, neighbours and colleagues to join you – the brilliant thing about a virtual event is your guests could be anywhere in the world!
- Share your personal story on your online fundraising page and ask your guests for a donation
- Bake or fake your delicious tea and treats
- Serve up photos or videos of yourself enjoying a nice brew and a slice of something delicious, share to social media and ask your family and friends to do the same or all get together via Skype or Facetime so it really feels like you are all in the same room.
… it’s a piece of cake!
Sign up today for your fundraising pack and some great tips on how to host the perfect virtual Type 1 Tea Party.
Get your fundraising pack
Once you’ve signed up we’ll send you a link to download the fundraising pack, as well as posters, invitations and bunting to help you promote your Type 1 Tea Party.
Hold your virtual Type 1 Tea Party and help us to end type 1 diabetes… wouldn’t that be the icing on the cake?