Join us and conquer the iconic Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge to help create a world without type 1 diabetes.
Professional guides will lead Team JDRF on this world famous 24 mile hike through some of the Yorkshire Dales’ finest scenery.
Setting off from Horton-in-Ribblesdale, we will hike up Pen-y-Ghent (694m/2277ft), past Ribblehead Viaduct to ascend Whernside (736m/2415ft), and finally onto Ingleborough (723m/2372ft) before heading back to Horton-in-Ribblesdale.
You will finish the day with your bespoke JDRF Yorkshire Three Peaks medal and a huge sense of achievement.
The Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge is open to over 14s but all under 18s must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
“Everyone is walking for the same great cause, sharing stories, laughing along the way and helping each other complete the challenge. I wanted to say a big thank you to everyone involved. We loved every minute of it and we will be back again in a couple of years”.
~John, 51, living with type 1
Registration fee: £35
Target sponsorship amount: £200 – £250
Raise £100 to receive a JDRF t-shirt
- Fully guided walk with professional guides from Nav4Adventure
- Personal tracker so your family and friends can follow your progress live during the day
- Free parking at the start/finish in Horton
- Tea, coffee, and biscuits at the start/finish
- One snack stop after Pen-y-Ghent with water, bananas, cereal bars, and sweets
- One water only stop after Whernside at Philpin Farm cafe (option here to buy hot/cold food/drink and use the toilet)
- A unique JDRF Yorkshire Three Peaks medal
- A £1.50 donation per person to the maintenance of the route and national park
- First aid cover and advice on preparation from Open Adventure and Nav4Adventure
Please note, your registration fee does not include:
- Accommodation or travel to the start point at Horton
- Main meals
Get in touch
Speak to Sadie to find out more about this incredible experience. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Team JDRF will be by your side on the day and in the lead up to the challenge. Join our JDRF Trekking Facebook Group to keep up to date with event information, share your reasons for taking part and meet fellow trekkers ahead of event day.