Take on 24 miles and 5,000 feet of climbing and conquer the infamous Yorkshire Three Peaks to help create a world without type 1 diabetes.
Professional guides from Open Adventure, including our very own supporter and T1 blogger James Thurlow, will take you from Horton-in-Ribblesdale up Pen-y-Ghent (694m/2277ft), Whernside (736m/2415ft) and Ingleborough (723m 2372ft). You’ll then finish back in Horton, where you’ll receive your bespoke medal!
There will be some inspiring views as you take on this world famous walk through some of the Yorkshire Dales’ finest scenery.
The Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge is open to over 14s but all under 18s must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
The entry fee includes:
- Fully guided walk with professional guides provided by Open Adventure
- Personal tracker so your family and friends can follow your progress live during the day
- Free parking at the start/finish in Horton
- Tea, coffee and biscuits at the start/finish
- One food stop after Whernside with water, bananas, cereal bars and sweets
- One water only stop after Whernside at Philpin Farm cafe (option here to buy hot/cold food/drink and use toilet)
- Unique JDRF Yorkshire Three Peaks medal
- JDRF T-shirt
- A £1.50 donation per person to the maintainence of the route and national park
- First aid cover and advice on preparation from Open Adventure
The entry fee does not include:
- Accommodation or travel to the start point at Horton
- Main meals
IMPORTANT! You must bring waterproof trousers and a waterproof jacket with you on the day, regardless of the forecast, or you will not be allowed to set off. The weather can turn quickly, especially on top of the hills, so you must have the correct clothing with you in this eventuality.
Minimum sponsorship target: £250
Get in touch
Speak to Sadie to find out more. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 457 5425.
Kindly supported by:
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.