Come along to the Liverpool Type 1 Sports and Exercise Day at Kirkby High School, where you will find out more about how to exercise and play sport safely whilst managing type 1, and meet other families and adults affected by type 1 diabetes. You will be able to hear talks about research relating to type 1 diabetes, and children can take part in a range of different sports led by coaches with knowledge about type 1 and supervised by health care professionals.
This is an event aimed at anyone affected by type 1 and is a great chance to meet other people as well as learning more about type 1, exercise and sport. All adults and children living with or affected by type 1 diabetes are welcome.
What the day includes
- Information about the latest type 1 research
- Expert speakers talking about type 1 in relation to sport and exercise
- A range of sporting activities for children to take part in
- Exhibitors showcasing the latest type 1 technology
- Information about how to get involved with JDRF in your region
- Information and support for adults and children living with type 1 diabetes
We ask children taking part in the sporting activities to dress appropriately as they will be coached in a range of indoor sports.
This is a free event and refreshments will be provided.
Places are limited so register your place today!
Get in touch