At our Type 1 Discovery Sports Day you will be able to hear talks about research relating to type 1 diabetes and sport and recreation. Hear from athletes living with type 1 diabetes and children can take part in a range of different sports lead by coaches with knowledge about type 1 and supervised by health care professionals.
This is an event aimed at families affected by type 1 diabetes and is a great chance to meet other people, as well as learning more about how the body changes during exercise. All adults and children living with type one diabetes or those with a connection to type 1 are welcome.
We are running this event in collaboration with the Children and Young People’s Diabetes Network East Midlands and Loughborough Lightning.
What the Type 1 Sports day includes
- A range of sporting activities for children to take part
- Information about the latest type 1 research
- Athletes with type 1 sharing their story
- Family-friendly speakers talking about type 1 in relation to sport and recreation
- Exhibitors showcasing the latest type 1 technology
- Information about how to get involved with JDRF in your region
- Information and support for adults and children living with type 1 diabetes
- More information about the Children and Young People’s Diabetes Network
Get in touch
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.