Your amazing support for JDRF’s 100 Challenge has helped us raise a fantastic amount to support those living with type 1 diabetes over the past few months. If you haven’t taken part yet, why not join us for one last push over the May bank holiday weekend and be part of a global fundraising effort to honour the incredible legacy of Sir Captain Tom Moore?
30 April marks what would’ve been Sir Captain Tom Moore’s 101st birthday and one year since he completed his inspirational 100 challenge.
To honour the occasion, Captain Tom’s family are encouraging people to celebrate his life and achievements by taking part in a 100 challenge between 30 April and 3 May to raise money for a charity of their choice.
So if you have been thinking of taking part in a 100 challenge to support our work, now is the perfect time.
Your 100 challenge could be absolutely anything you like; walk 100 laps round the park, cycle for 100 minutes, score 100 goals. Or like Mr Motivator here you can take on a 100 squat, burpee or press up challenge!
You can do your challenge individually, as a family or with friends, break it up into bite size chunks or do it all at once. Just make sure you’re following any government guidelines.
Get 100 Challenge inspiration ideas
- 100 minute gym classes
- 100 hours of running
- 100 laps of the garden
- 100 minutes/hours of walking/cycling/swimming/running
- 100 minutes of hula hoop, press ups, sit ups, plank, star jumps
- 100 minute group gym class
- 100 mile group relay race
- 100 laps around the local park
- 100 star jumps every day for 100 days
- 100 miles collaboratively cycled
- Do 100 laps of your office or virtual office
- 100 mile relay while working from home
- Do a 100-mile collaborative work cycle
- Do 100 burpees
- Get the whole company doing a hop, skip and run relay for 100 miles
- Do a 100 mile relay
- Do a 100 laps of the playground
- Make 100 lab goggles from our great 100 Challenge downloads while learning about the discovery of insulin
- Shoot 100 baskets
- Do a 100-themed PE class
Reasons to take part in #JDRF100Challenge
- It’s easy and fun
- It will give you a goal to work towards and give your day focus and structure
- Take the opportunity to get back into exercise
- Feel fit and healthy whilst raising money for JDRF
- You can do it in your own time – break it into bite size chunks or do it all at once
- ANYONE can get involved – even the pet dog!
- You can be as creative as you like as long as 100 features somewhere in your challenge
- And most importantly raise money to support JDRF in its mission to find a cure for type 1 diabetes!
- If you raise £25 we will send you your very own limited edition JDRF 100 year anniversary medal!
How do I sign up?
You can sign up at our 100 Challenge microsite for FREE, just let us know what kind of challenge you’re taking on and away you go.
If you would prefer, you can also set up a fundraising event on justgiving.com by searching for the JDRF 100 challenge event.
I have a question
No problem at all, please send an email to one of the team at email@example.com and we will answer any questions you may have.
Thank you for your support, together we will create a world without type 1 diabetes.