Swim the equivalent of the channel or a distance of your choice for type 1 diabetes!
Take on a swimming challenge in the New Year that will help you achieve your fitness goals. Swimming is a gentle activity suitable for all. Whether you’re a pro or just dipping your feet in, we would love for you to join Team JDRF for our Swim for Type 1 challenge.
Dust off your goggles, dig out your swimwear and dive into the deep end to help fund vital type 1 diabetes research.
Ways to take part in Swim for Type 1
- Swim the equivalent of the channel = 21 miles
- Swim half of the channel
- Or a distance of your choice!
Complete your Swim for Type 1 challenge in your local swimming pool, lido or even brave the open water. Break it down into smaller chunks or get your friends and family involved and split the 21 miles between you!
Reasons to take part in Swim for Type 1
Take part to:
- Reap the mental and physical benefits of swimming – a gentle aerobic exercise
- Get back into fitness after the Christmas break
- Enjoy the time alone or socialise and take part as a team
- Earn your Swim for Type 1 medal, tote bag and swimming cap
- Feel great knowing you’re funding world class research into treatment, prevention and cure
- Raise £25 or more to receive your bespoke Swim for Type 1 medal
- Raise £50 or more to receive a JDRF tote bag
- Raise £100 or more to receive your own JDRF swimming cap
How to sign up
Sign up for FREE today by visiting our Swim for Type 1 microsite.
Once you have signed up you will receive:
- A downloadable welcome pack including your own swim tracking calendar and fundraising ideas
- Regular e-newsletters with lots of fundraising tips, training tips and inspirational stories
- Ongoing support from our Swim for Type 1 team
The event will run from Monday 14 February until Monday 11 April 2022, although you can register at any time between these dates.
Get in touch
For more information, please email the Swim for Type 1 team at email@example.com.