Sell your preloved goods at a car boot sale or online to help create a world without type 1 diabetes
By selling your unwanted goods, you can help fund research to cure, treat and prevent type 1 diabetes, improving the lives of millions of people around the world.
The incidence of type 1 diabetes is growing at an alarming rate, by about four per cent each year, particularly in children under five. Just to stay alive, a child diagnosed at five years old faces up to 19,000 injections and 50,000 finger prick blood tests by the time they are 18 years of age.
You can help us improve lives and give support to people with type 1 diabetes and their families
- £10 could help provide a newly diagnosed child with Rufus, a bear with type 1, to help them practice their injections and navigate the scary world of type 1 diabetes
- £15 could buy a scientist a lab coat and a pair of gloves
- £20 could help us support a family dealing with a new diagnosis of type 1 diabetes by providing them with a Kidsac
- £25 could let a scientist use lasers for one hour, allowing them to study the immune cells at the heart of type 1
- £50 could pay for the kit used to prepare 25 DNA samples for analysis
“It was my son James’ idea to hold a car boot sale to raise funds for JDRF. We sold mainly children’s toys and these seemed to be incredibly popular! This was our first car boot sale, and we all genuinely had fun. It was easy for the children to be involved, and it was easy to organise. There are so many car boot sites, all you have to do is Google local car boot sales in your area, and they will come up!”
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.
We promise to keep your details secure and we won’t share your information with any other organisations. If you decide you’d rather not hear from us then you can unsubscribe at any time.