We are delighted to be returning to the beautiful Strathclyde Country Park for the JDRF Central Scotland One Walk for the fourth year!
This is a fabulous way of raising money to find the cure for type 1 diabetes and having a great family day out!! Join us in raising £100 each to help us fund world class type 1 diabetes research.
About the One Walk Central Scotland
One Walk is a friendly, inclusive 5K walk which has something for all ages and abilities, from the littlest legs to the briskest power-walkers. Join local families living with type 1 diabetes and millions of others around the globe and take steps to bring us closer to the cure.
Over the past four years the One Walk Central Scotland has raised over £157,000 for type 1 diabetes research. A huge thank you to everyone who has helped us to raise such a fantastic amount so far, with your help we can continue to build on this amazing success.
NB – The JDRF One Fun Run will be taking place on the same day and you can register for the run here
The One Walk Central Scotland will include:
• Being part of JDRF’s flagship fundraising event
• Access to the Walk Village, full of activities and entertainment for the family
• A group warm-up
• Fully signposted route
• Help from experienced event leaders, marshals and medics
• Finisher’s medal for all the family
• Support to help you reach your fundraising targets
• An opportunity to meet other local families living with type 1, and JDRF staff members
As well as bringing your family and friends, this is the ideal event to get your whole community involved with, so why not invite others to join your team, including:
• Friends and teacher at nursery, playgroup, school and their family
• Your child’s friends at church, Brownies, Cubs and Scouts and their families
• Neighbours, hairdresser, colleagues, postman, everyone you know and their families too!
Tell them about the impact type 1 has on your life, so that they can feel inspired to start fundraising and join in a brilliant, family day out.
What happens next
Once you sign up we’ll help get your fundraising off to a great start by sending you a fundraising pack bursting with exciting ideas and tips. In the lead up to the walk, we will send you e-newsletters packed full of fundraising inspiration, essential information about the walk day, and the all-important walk fundraising leader board, so you can see where your team sits in comparison to other teams.
- The One Walk will start at 11am and take between 75 – 90 minutes to complete.
- You can send cheques to the JDRF office, please do not send cash. JDRF, c/o Subsea 7, West Campus, Tarland Road, Westhill, AB32 6JZ
Family ticket (up to two adults and six children***) – £10 (early bird price of £7.50 until 30 June 2019)
Individuals and children over the age of three*** – £5 (early bird price of £3.50 until 30 June 2019)
*** Free for children under the age of 3
We need lots of volunteers to put on the One Walk to make the day the huge success it will be and we would love you to join our volunteer team. Please contact Elspeth – details below, and she will be able to discuss the different roles available and find one that will be suitable for you.
Get in touch
For more information, email Elspeth at [email protected] or call 01224 248 677.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.