Grab your boots and join us on an exhilarating trekking adventure to the top of Africa as we summit Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa’s highest mountain standing tall at 5,895m, a magnet for trekkers and climbers. Our trek takes us along the beautiful Machame route, which allows us to gradually acclimatise to the altitude as we climb to the summit. We’ll trek through dense tropical rainforest all the way up to the snow-capped peak to witness awe-inspiring views. This is a tough but spectacularly rewarding challenge, so join us and conquer the mighty Mount Kilimanjaro!
- Summit the world’s highest free-standing mountain
- Trek along the beautiful Machame Route
- Discover diverse landscapes, changing as you climb to the peak
- Stunning mountain and valley views
- See the sunrise over Mawenzi Peaks
- Gaze in awe at a mountain on the equator capped with snow
- Return flights from a London Airport to Kilimanjaro International Airport
- All accommodation and transfers
- All meals on the trek and celebratory dinner
- Porters, cooks and professional English speaking local guides who are experienced in Kilimanjaro summit climbs
- Global Adventure Challenges Leader from the UK
- Local doctor, oxygen cylinders, oxi-pulse meter, Gamow bag and medical kit to assist with monitoring participants’ wellbeing on the climb
- Tents and other camping equipment including cooking and toilet facilities
- Thin sleeping mats
- Trekking permits and National Park fees
- Water for trekking
- Small kit bag for trek
What’s not included?
- Airport taxes and fuel surcharge – these are approximately £250 and payable 6 weeks prior to departure
- Personal Travel Insurance – this can be obtained through Global Adventure Challenges
- Sleeping bags, air mats
- Tips and gratuities
- Alcoholic drinks
- Visa for Tanzania
There are two different options you can choose.
Option 1 (Minimum Sponsorship): £399 registration fee + £4362 sponsorship target + £250 airport tax.
Option 2: (Self funded): £399 registration fee + £2180 payment to Global Adventure + £250 airport tax + raise what you can for JDRF
18/06/2020 – 28/06/2020 -Please click here to book these dates.
24/09/2020 – 04/10/2020 – Please click here to book these dates.
Get in touch
For more information, email email@example.com or call 0203 540 0499.
This event is organised on behalf of JDRF by Global Adventure Challenges, all bookings and payments must go directly through them.