JDRF Cycle for a Cure – The event
After years of global success, JDRF is partnering with Ford Britain to bring you the very first Cycle for a Cure event in the UK! This event is a once in a lifetime opportunity to cycle around an incredible Ford test track and the surrounding Essex countryside, all while helping to fund life-changing research to treat, prevent and cure type 1 diabetes.
Sign up for this unique experience in this new flagship JDRF/Ford event for 2020.
Choose your route and your distance
Adults can choose from two distances – 50 km or 100 km – that will take you around the Ford test track and the picturesque Essex countryside, looping around to finish back at the Ford Dunton Technical Centre.
As well as the advanced and intermediate course for adults, we also have a fantastic child-friendly session on the Ford Dunton Test Track and lots of fun activities on the day, making this a true festival of cycling and a great day for all of the family.
Finish at the festival
As you complete your chosen route, the Cycle for a Cure Event Village will be in full swing for family members and friends, with loads of entertainment, guest speakers, type 1 diabetes workshops, a variety of street food stalls and an award ceremony with different cycling jerseys for different winner categories. The festival will remain open for all to enjoy after you finish the ride and will also include:
- An exclusive chance to WIN a ride in the new Ford GT used at Le Mans
- A variety of Ford Heritage Vehicles on display
- Cycling related workshops and games for family and friends
- A Virtual Reality Experience from the Ford Share the Road team
- Guest speakers and entertainment throughout the day
- Type 1 diabetes stands and information
- Pharma and Med-Tech companies exhibiting
- Child-friendly ride on the test track
- Various food and drink vendors
Through this event, JDRF and Ford plan to create a vehicle for change for so many people living with type 1 diabetes.
What you’ll get:
- A Cycle for a Cure fundraising pack
- A free cycling jersey – for participants in the 50K and 100K events
- A free JDRF T-shirt (child route participants)
- Fundraising support from the dedicated JDRF Challenge events team
- A finisher’s medal
- Access to coaching support from sign up, until race day
- Diabetes specialist nurses and first aid support throughout the event
- Free en-route refreshments
JDRF Cycle for a Cure – The cost
- Adult routes (50 km or 100 km)
Registration fee: £25
Sponsorship target: £250
- Child-friendly route:
Registration fee: £7.50
Sponsorship target: Raise what you can
JDRF Cycle for a Cure – Contact us
Please call us on 020 7841 3650, WhatsApp us on 07538 414913 or email [email protected] if you have any questions. We are very excited about this bespoke event and will take any opportunity we have to talk about it!
Book now on the Cycle for a Cure registration form at Eventbrite.
Ford employees’ registration
Book now on the Cycle for a Cure Ford employees registration form at Eventbrite.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.