We’re challenging you to cycle 66 miles around the beautiful Isle of Wight.
Take in the breath-taking views of the white cliffs and clear blue sea as you cycle through the island’s winding lanes. Push yourself to the limit as you experience one of the UK’s top cycling destinations, while raising money to help us create a world without type 1 diabetes.
Beginning in Ryde, you’ll cycle along the coast before heading inland where you’ll face several climbs as you cross the central downs. Your hard work will be rewarded when you head back towards the coast for stunning views before crossing the finish. You’ll be greeted by a well-deserved glass of champagne and a celebratory BBQ.
This is a tough but rewarding challenge. One day, one island, 66 miles. Are you up for the challenge?
- Cycle an epic 105km route, circumnavigating the entire island
- Fully marshalled event with designated support riders, bike mechanics and checkpoints
- Stunning coastal scenery
- Over 1400m of total ascent
Registration fee: £37.50
Fundraising target: £450
By raising £450, it enables us to cover the cost of the event, as well as raising money to support our vital research to cure, treat and prevent type 1 diabetes. This work would not be possible without the help of our amazing supporters.
Self funded option: Pay £157.50 (plus the registration fee) and raise what you can for JDRF
- Discount on personal equipment from The Outdoor Shop, Outdoorhire, Cotswold Outdoor and Nomad Travel Stores in the UK
- Fully marked and mapped route
- Support materials (itinerary, kit list, fact file, Q&As, health notes, travel tips, responsible travel policy and guidance)
- Full support from experienced event leaders, marshals, medics and mechanics
- Chip timed
- Check points along the route with food and drink available
- Champagne finish
- Finishers medal
- Celebratory BBQ at the finish for participants, friends and family
- A JDRF cycling jersey
- Full fundraising support
Please note High quality waterproof maps and electronic route details provided.you must be 18 years of age to take part in this event unaccompanied. Persons aged 16/17 of race day can still take part but must be accompanied by a parent or guardian over the age of 18.
For more information click here
Get in touch
For more information or to sign up over the phone, email email@example.com or call 0207 713 2030