If you’re interested in type 1 tech come along to Fusion. This a unique event which puts you face to face with people doing innovative things in the world of type 1 diabetes technology. Pick some brains, share ideas and explore a tech exhibition to find out what’s out there today.
The day will include:
- Technology exhibition
- Opening address by Jonsel Gourkan Jonsel was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes aged 12. He’s worked as a professional footballer, popstar and actor. He has written and directs a one man show ‘Keep Calm, I am only Diabetic’.
- Keynote: Access to technology: Art of the possible. Dr Partha Kar, Consultant Endocrinologist, Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust and Associate National Director, Diabetes, NHS England. NHS England lead in all things type 1, Dr Partha Kar Tweets, blogs, and writes for various publications.
- Maximum value from your clinic appointments. Melissa Holloway, Technology Access Adviser, Input:JDRF
- DIY technology: Not just about looping. @AndySlowey on open source & 3rd party solutions for MDI users and for pump users who don’t want to use artificial pancreas algorithms.
- Small discussion groups on all sorts of topics suggested & chosen by you
- Research update by James Elliott, Director of Fundraising, JDRF (UK)
Expect a day of fun, socialising, sharing and learning.
There will be an exhibition throughout the day including diabetes technology companies and diabetes charities. The following have confirmed they will exhibit: Abbott, BD, Dexcom, Insulet (OmniPod), Medtronic, Medtrum, Roche, Tandem, ViCentra (Kaleido), YpsoMed and Funky Pumpers.
Registration fee of £10 per person includes lunch and refreshments.
Gluten-free and vegetarian options will be available.
All parts of the venue in which Fusion is hosted are wheelchair accessible.
There is plenty of free parking at the venue, frequent bus services from all the Birmingham rail stations to St Andrew’s Stadium, or a short taxi ride (estimated cost with Uber is £4-5).
The event finishes at 4pm, but why not make a weekend of it, book into a hotel, and arrange to go out for the evening with new (or old!) friends?
Please note: There will be no childcare facilities at this event. It is not suitable for under 18’s.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.