Follow in the footsteps of the great explorers and join us for an unforgettable trek to the foot of the highest mountain in the world, Mount Everest, standing tall at 8,848m.
We’ll trek from the picturesque village of Lukla, nestled in the Nepalese Himalayas, to the famous base camp of Mount Everest and back again. Our route allows us to acclimatise gently before reaching high altitude scenery, as it leads us through Sherpa country to this tranquil mountain range of gentle giants. We’ll discover some of the most breathtaking scenery imaginable from start to finish on this unforgettable trek as we make our way to the colourful prayer flags of Everest Base Camp.
- Gaze up at the world’s highest mountain, Mount Everest
- Trek through a tranquil mountain range of gentle giants
- Explore Nepal’s mystical capital, Kathmandu
- Witness awe-inspiring panoramic views
- Ascend Kala Patthar for close up views of Mount Everest and the Khumbu Icefall
- Soak up Sherpa culture
- Return flights from London Airport to Kathmandu, internal return flight to Lukla
- All accommodation and transfers
- All meals on the trek and breakfast in Kathmandu
- Porters and professional speaking local guides
- Permits and National Park Fees
- Local English speaking trekking guides along with local high altitude medic
- Water for trekking
- Kit bag for trek – includes down sleeping bag, fleece sleeping bag, and down jacket
What’s not included?
- Airports taxes and fuel surcharge – these are approximately £250 and payable 6 weeks prior to departure
- Personal Travel Insurance – this can be obtained through Global Adventure Challenges
- Lunches and dinners in Kathmandu, including your celebratory meal
- Tips and gratuities
- Alcoholic drinks
There are two different options you can choose.
Option 1 (Minimum Sponsorship): £399 registration fee + £3950 sponsorship target + £250 aiport tax.
Option 2: (Self funded): £399 registration fee + £1,975 payment to Global Adventure + £250 aiport tax + raise what you can for JDRF
12/03/2020 – 29/09/2020 -Please click here to book these dates.
12/11/2020 – 29/11/2020 – Please click here to book these dates.
Get in touch
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 540 0499.
This event is organised on behalf of JDRF by Global Adventure Challenges, all bookings and payments must go directly through them.