*** Due to the current circumstances the March 2020 event is postponed for the next three months. We’ll update you with new information as we have it. ***
About the Challenge
Cycle the length of Portugal! This classic journey follows the fabled N2, Portugal’s answer to Route 66, for over 700km from historic Chaves in the north to Faro in the sunny south.
This extraordinarily scenic ride takes us through terraced vineyards and fields of olive and cork trees, along river-banks and over winding hills with sweeping valley views. The undulating landscapes of the Alentejo, with its traditional whitepainted houses, give way to the citrus orchards of the Algarve and the breeze of the Atlantic Ocean.
With long days in the saddle offset by shorter ones, and the long, steady climbs rarely steep, this challenge ticks all the boxes – the epic achievement of pedalling the length of a country, at an achievable pace with a hefty dose of cultural discovery!
- All meals except where specified, and accommodation on a twin-share basis
- Flights to Porto and from Faro; and all transfers
- Aluminum frame road bicycle of a good standard (option to upgrade to carbon frame at extra cost, please ask for details)
- Discover Adventure leader; local guides/mechanics and drivers
- Full vehicle support throughout the trip
- Local support and back-up equipment
- Any meals specified ‘not included’ in the itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Cycle helmet (compulsory) and water bottle
- Personal spending money, souvenirs and drinks
- Fees for any optional sites, attractions or activities
- Any applicable surcharges as per terms and conditions
- 21 Mar 2020 – 28 Mar 2020
- 10 Oct 2020 – 17 Oct 2020
To sign up for this challenge you will need to pay a registration fee and pick from one of the following two payment options:
- Option 1 (Minimum sponsorship) – You pay a £249 registration fee and agree to raise the £3,200 sponsorship.
- Option 2 (Mixed funding) – You pay a £249 registration fee, pay £500 of the tour cost and raise £2,200 sponsorship.
- Option 3 (Own place) – You pay a £249 registration fee, plus pay the £1,600 tour cost yourself.
Get in touch
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7841 3650.
This event is organised on behalf of JDRF by Discover Adventure, all bookings and payments must go directly through them.