Donate your old £1 coins to type 1 diabetes research!
On 15 October 2017 the old £1 coin will no longer be a legal tender and and is to be replaced by the new 12-sided £1 coin. The old design will no longer be accepted so why not donate them to JDRF before they go out of circulation?
A few ways you can turn your old £1 coins into a cure
- Drop your old £1 coins to one of our regional offices.
- Cash them in at your local bank then donate the equivalent online. For every £1 you donate online we get 25p free from Gift Aid. Make sure to put the reference ‘Old £1 coins’ on the online form.
- Are you signed up to a fundraising event? Ask your friends to donate their old £1 coins to help you reach your target. Thank them on Twitter using the hashtag #T1Give
- Take your old £1 coins to our Discovery Days and events this autumn. Whether you are taking part in a One Walk or One Fun Run there will be donation buckets for your old coins.
- Text JDRF11 and the amount you’d like to donate to 70070
Raid those piggy banks, check those pockets and find your old £1 coins today
Let everyone know they can also join the #T1Give and help JDRF to be #quidsin this October.