The three mountain climbs will run simultaneously across the three countries. Enjoy a daytime hike where you will be able to enjoy spectacular views and scenery – why not bring a picnic to enjoy at the summit!
Climb 1 for Type 1 is the ultimate climbers bucket list challenge, taking you to one of the spectacular summits of three of the UK’s tallest mountains under the careful supervision of fully-qualified mountain leaders. How about setting yourself the challenge to complete all three summits over three years?
Climb 1 for Type 1 in 2020 and help create a world without type 1 diabetes.
The entry fee includes:
- Fully guided walk with professional guides provided by Large Outdoors
- First aid cover
- Advice on preparation from Large Outdoors
- Fundraising support
- Free JDRF T-shirt
- Unique JDRF Climb 1 for Type 1 medal
- The opportunity to climb the highest mountain in the British Isles (1,345m)
The entry fee does not include:
- Accommodation or travel to the start point
- Main meals
Minimum age: 12 years old (Ben Nevis) and 8 years old (Scafell Pike and Snowdon). All under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult. At least one adult per three children please.
Participants must be fit and able to complete the walk. If you have any concerns about medical conditions or fitness levels please contact JDRF, who will put you in touch with the guides for the day to talk through any concerns. Hypo treatment will be carried on the walk and all guides have mountain first aid training.
- Registration: £20 per adult, £10 per child or £55 for family (max. 4 people)
- Minimum sponsorship target: £150 per family or individual
Get in touch
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office on 020 7713 2030.
Choose your adventure