We want the best people to work for us, and keep working for us. To make sure we’re getting the best people, we’ll encourage you to suggest and implement new ideas, design a career path that’s right for you and give you the training you need to do your job and develop your skills.
We reward our staff for their hard work, passion and commitment with flexible working conditions, in order to help you find the right work life balance. We also offer a generous reward package which includes a health cash plan and pension, a good annual leave entitlement and much more.
Our benefits include:
- Flexible working policy, allowing staff the opportunity to work from home
- Flex-time to give you more flexibility in your working day. Our typical working week is 37.5 hours with one hour for lunch, usually worked between 9am – 5:30pm. Our core working hours for full time members of staff are 10am – 4pm meaning staff can come in earlier and leave earlier so long as the core hours are covered.
- Comprehensive Learning and Development programme, we have a core training programme all employees go through within their first 12 months and we also operate a Personalised Development Plan.
- Childcare vouchers provided by Co-op flexible benefits; they also provide other benefits, through salary sacrifice.
- Health Assistance Programme, allowing staff to claim the cost of medical treatment including dental, optical and physiotherapy.
- Annual leave entitlement of 25 days holiday plus bank holidays for full-time staff. The entitlement increases to 28 days after three years and 30 days after five years. This is pro-rated for part time members of staff. Our holiday year runs from 1 January – 31 December
- Family-friendly policies including maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave – at enhanced rates
- Season ticket loans
- Death in service, where your family will receive a lump sum payment
- On-site parking available at some of our offices
- Pension scheme
In return, we expect our staff to:
- Support our mission to eradicate type 1 diabetes and its effects for people in the UK
- Put our supporters at the heart of everything you do
- Work as a team towards our vision to create a world without type 1 diabetes
- Take personal accountability of your work and collaborate with colleagues
- Embrace change as we grow as an organisation
- Be adaptable and willing to take on new challenges and not be afraid of failure
- Actively promote equality and diversity